At Smile Perfections, we welcome all patients for general, advanced and cosmetic dentistry. Our aim is to keep you healthy and put you at ease during your visit.
At your first appointment, our friendly reception team will greet you and will ask you to complete a medical and dental questionnaire, which will help us get to know you better.
At each 12-Point Dental Health Check, including mouth cancer screening, our dentists assess the overall health of your mouth in each of the following areas:
- We will determine your awareness of your level of dental health.
- Are you concerned about any aspects of your dental health?
- Do you have medical conditions, or are you taking any medicines, which are likely to impact on your dental health?
- Is the appearance of your smile how you want it to be? Are you happy with it?
- We will examine your teeth to ensure they are healthy and strong.
- We will examine fillings and other tooth restorations to ensure their stability and health.
- We examine the health of your gums – because we know this is essential if your teeth are to last a lifetime!
- We check for any plaque. This buildup can cause damage to teeth and gums but it can be managed to maintain oral health.
- We will perform a mouth cancer check. This includes the examination of the inside of your mouth (including tongue, cheeks, lips, floor and roof of the mouth) to ensure optimum health. We also check the exterior of your mouth and neck for any possible signs.
- We also check for any signs of tooth wear /grinding or clenching and we determine the health of your jaw joints.
- We check under, inside and between the teeth for any problems.
- Lastly, we check the quality of bone as this is essential for supporting teeth.
We will then tell you how healthy we find you in each area and provide details of treatment options and choices and provide a detailed proposed treatment plan with a written estimate of costs.